Wednesday, April 30, 2014

New Beginnings

     There's a certain phrase that I have been told that I use quite frequently, but I intend to use it again.

     I'm turning over a new leaf!

     I realize that using that phrase often makes it somewhat redundant, but there is something so refreshing in those words, like the feeling you get after stepping out of a steaming hot shower. After you've scrubbed yourself down with some lilac-scented body wash, your skin feels brand new and completely clean! Well, that phrase is my lilac-scented loofah on life. Anytime I feel like I'm stuck in a rut, or sometimes just desperately bored, I can think of something about myself that I could change to mix things up and get re-invigorated!
     For tonight's purposes, I'm using the phrase because I remembered that I told my friend I would try writing a blog again, but I feel like there has to be some special occasion to start off a blog. So my special occasion is going to be a leaf-turning event! Yay! What is this change that I am going to make, you ask? Great question! I am pretty much the living embodiment of the grumpy cat. (I would post a pic of the grumpy cat here, but I think we all know what he looks like. Plus, I haven't figured out how to add pictures yet.)
     So, I am going to work on going from being a grumpy cat to being Leslie Knope! I've been on a Parks and Recreation kick lately. If you don't watch that show, I highly recommend it! Basically, Leslie Knope (played by Amy Poehler) is always super motivated and optimistic about everything. Seriously. She always finds the bright side.
     Anyway, I spent some time with relatives recently, and all they seemed to mention was how we're all going to die someday and that they hope they never live long enough to reach old age and become helpless. Luckily I'm not that much of a pessimist, but it served as a great wake-up call! Sure there's problems in life and stuff doesn't always go the way we want. (For example, I still haven't gotten Benedict Cumberbatch to agree to follow me around and narrate my life.) But being whiny and upset about everything isn't going to make life any better. What would be more fun is to learn to laugh when things go wrong and appreciate the things that go right. So here's to cheery dispositions! Just to make things more interesting, though, I plan to Shatner the crap out of this! Allow me to demonstrate.

     My toe is SO itchy right now! But at least I have toes! YAY!

     Okay, that was a lame example, but my toe really is itchy right now. Well, that's about all I've got for my first blog post. Just FYI, I've started a few other blogs before and I usually forget I have them, so who knows how often I'll update. But at least I have a computer to blog things on! WOO HOO!!!

Laterz.

No comments:

Post a Comment